Heads up: THIS SATURDAY (September 23), is the 100th day from the end of the year.
Around this time last year, a few hundred of us committed to doing one thing (in my case it was publishing a blog post) 100 times before the end of the year. We called it the #100Somethings Challenge and it was awesome. Some people did 100 sketches. Some people wrote 100 letters. Some people walked their dog 100 times. Some people got in 10,000 steps 100 times. We did so many somethings.
I didn’t complete my 100 blog posts, but I got more creative momentum than I’ve ever had in my life. That challenge had me activated. As a result I got in touch with Bruce D Schneider and the iPEC community, went through the entire iPEC coach training program, and got my first ebook sponsored. It’s something I think I’ll continue to do every year starting each September.
This year I decided to switch it up.
Instead of doing one thing 100 times, this year’s challenge [for those who dare to join me] will be a little more involved: I made a list of 100 different things I’ve committed to doing before the end of the year.
Some things are epic and daunting and exciting (like launching my YouTube channel / Vlog). And some things are easy (like asking for something I don’t think I’ll get). Either way though, everything on this list is something that made me feel good when I thought of it. Everything on this list is a small, deliberate investment in what matters to me. This list is designed to raise my energy and the energy of the people around me. And just like last year, my intention is to finish this year like a champion and bust into 2018 like a fireball.
If you’re in, here are the rules:
- If you haven’t already, join the #100Somethings Facebook group.
- Make your list of 100 Somethings. I chose not to do any repeats, but just feel into what works for you.
- If you started by Saturday, September 23, you’ll finish on time if you do one thing a day.
- If you started after Saturday, September 23, you might need to double up a few times to finish on time.
- The day you start, post a picture or copy & paste your list in the #100Somethings Facebook group. This is part of our accountability agreement. We’ll all share our lists before and after.
- Track your progress! Every 25 days I will do a checkpoint and ask people to post pictures / progress updates on their lists.
- At the end of the 100 days (on 1/1/18), EVERYONE posts our lists on the Facebook group, even if we didn’t finish it. This is our accountability agreement. If you start, be prepared to post at the end. Bonus points if you include a little blurb or video about how it went.
- Let the games begin!
Edit: I suspect fewer people will do this year’s challenge than last year’s—so if we get a good solid group of 15 or 20 of us, it’d be fun to experiment with some other ways to stay aligned like webinars, group coaching calls, etc. I’d love to learn what it takes to really see this through for those who are up for it.
Shout out to Teresa Marick for sparking my interest in re-launching the challenge ❤